FMC Chemicals Proprietary Limited, a division of FMC Corporation (“FMC”,“Company”,“us” or “we”) is responsible for operating this website and is committed to respecting data privacy and committed to protecting it through our compliance with the practices described in this notice (the “Notice”). This Notice describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing the personal data we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit https://ag.fmc.com/za/en/ or other of our websites, apps or forms that link or refer to this Notice (our Website “https://ag.fmc.com/za/en/”). “Personal Data” is information or an opinion relating to an individual or juristic person who is identified or may be identified or information that can be combined with other information to identify a natural person's or juristic person's information. This Notice applies to the Personal Data collected through our Website and offline, regardless of the country where you are located.
You can click through to the specific areas of this Notice set out below.
This Privacy Notice aims to give you information on how FMC collects, uses, discloses and otherwise processes your Personal Data through your use of the Website, including any Personal Data you may provide through this Website when you communicate with us through our Contact Us page.
With your consent (where required by applicable law), we may collect and use different types of data from and about you, including Personal Data and non-personal details. This data includes your:
- Identity Data: includes your first name and last name;
- Contact Data: includes your email address and telephone number(s);
- Technical and Device Data: includes the type of device you use to connect to the Website, your IP address, a unique device identifier (for example, a mobile phone number used by a mobile device), the unique internet mobile equipment identity (“IMEI”), the unique integrated circuit card identity ("ICCID") number of your SIM cards in your device, personal internet protocol ("IP") address, network information, operating system and platform, browser type and version, your time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, and other technology on the devices you use to access this Website;
- Inquiry Data: includes details of queries or support requests submitted through the Website, including any personal data you may choose to include in such communications;
- Website Interaction Data: including details of your visits to our Website, such as your clickstream to, through, and from our Website (including date and time), the full URL(s), pages you view, keywords you searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, location data; and
- Communications Data: includes your communication preferences and • information about you when you voluntarily register with us to receive Company-related alerts, complete our online information request form, complete any user surveys or feedback forms and fill-in job seeker forms.
We also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated data could be derived from your Personal Data but is not considered Personal Data insofar as this data will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Website Interaction Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Website feature, or to determine the percentage of users who access our Website from a particular country or region. However, if we combine or connect aggregated data with your Personal Data so that may relate to you, we treat the combined data as Personal Data which will be used in accordance with this Notice.
We do not collect any special Personal Data about you (this is as defined by applicable data protection laws and may include details about your race or ethnicity, religious, moral, or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health (including mental), and genetic and biometric data; financial information such as account numbers) through the Website. Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions or offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect Personal Data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
With your consent (where required by applicable law), we collect data about you in the following ways:
Direct Interactions with You
You may give us information (including Personal Data) about you by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you submit a query or support request to us through the Website or other method, or report a problem with the Website.
Automated Technologies or Interactions
Information We Receive from Other Sources (e.g., Third Parties)
We may receive information about you from third parties including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical services, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers, such as Google. These third parties include internal and external third parties, who may be located in or outside your country or region (see Disclosures of Your Personal Data).
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns (including determining the extent of repeat usage and usage by a registered user versus by an unregistered user);
- Develop content based on user interests and behavior;
- Measure traffic patterns, including which areas of our Website users visit, and visiting patterns in the aggregate;
- Understand how our users' habits are similar or different from one another; and
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
We do not control how these third-party tracking technologies operate or how they may use the collected data. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the provider directly.
We will only use your Personal Data when the law allows us to do so, and we do so with your consent where required by applicable law. For example, we may use your Personal Data to provide you with products, offer you services, communicate with you, and/or to conduct other business operations, such as using data to improve and personalize your experiences, or for any other purpose for which you have provided consent (where required by applicable law). Otherwise, we will use your Personal Data in the following circumstances:
- where it is necessary to process your Personal Data in connection with the performance of a contract that we have with you;
- where we are required to use your Personal Data to comply with our legal obligations, a request from a regulator or court of law or otherwise permitted by law;
- to pursue our legitimate interest provided that we only use your Personal Data to pursue our legitimate interests where your interests and fundamental rights or freedoms do not override those interests; and
- for any other purpose that you have agreed with us where you have given your explicit consent for specific forms of processing of your Personal Data, which consent you may decline or revoke at any time.
We may use non-personal data (such as aggregated data) for any business purpose.
Change of Purpose
We will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your Personal Data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
To the extent permitted by applicable law (and with your consent where required by applicable law), we may share your information with the parties set out below for purposes identified in this Notice.
- Within FMC. We may share your Personal Data with internal third parties (FMC affiliates and subsidiaries) for the purposes set forth in this Notice. FMC has affiliates and subsidiaries based all over the world and who all adhere to and are bound by terms equivalent to those set out in this Notice.
- Our Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with internal and external companies or organizations, including subsidiaries, affiliates, and non-FMC entities that perform services on our behalf, such as technology support service providers, data analytics providers, and marketing service providers. In each case, such third parties are required to use adequate privacy and security protections and may use the information only for the purpose of providing services to FMC. We may also share your Personal Data with external companies or organizations who partner with us to deliver products or services to you.
We require third parties to which we disclose your data to respect the security of your Personal Data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your Personal Data in a manner that is not permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction(s). This means that we do not allow our third-party service providers to use your Personal Data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your Personal Data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- Business Transactions and Transfers. FMC may buy, sell, form, or otherwise reorganize one or more of its businesses or sell shares or assets, for example, as the result of a sale, merger, reorganization or liquidation. A transaction of this type may involve the disclosure of your information to prospective purchasers or partners who have signed a confidentiality agreement with FMC, as well as accountants, bankers, lawyers and other advisers. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your Personal Data in the same way as set out in this Notice.
- Other Disclosures. We may also share your Personal Data as needed to fulfil the purpose for which you provide it, or for any other purpose that we disclose in writing when you provide the data, or otherwise with your consent.
We may share non-personal data without restriction.
FMC is a global organization with its corporate headquarters in the United States. As part of the services offered to you through our Website and applications, and during our ordinary business operations, the information which you provide to us (including Personal Data) may be transferred to countries outside your home country. Our servers, databases, and service providers may be located in the United States or in other locations outside of your home country. Different countries have different privacy laws and requirements, and some may not be considered to provide adequate protection to Personal Data originating from your home country.
We comply with laws governing the international transfer of Personal Data, typically through the execution of legally required data protection agreements incorporating, where applicable, standard contractual clauses or other instructions or measures that may be specified, updated, amended, replaced or superseded from time to time by the applicable regulatory authority.
In light of the above, your Personal Data may be accessible to law enforcement and/or regulatory authorities in accordance with the applicable laws in the relevant jurisdictions.
By submitting your Personal Data or engaging with our Website, to the extent permitted by applicable law, you consent to the transfer, storing or processing of your Personal Data as described in this Notice.
Security of Your Personal Data
We take what we determine to be reasonable physical, technical and administrative security standards designed to protect the confidentiality, integrity and security of your Personal Data. We store information we receive about you in computer systems and databases operated either by us or our external service providers. We take steps to limit access controls and add encryption and anti-malware protections to your Personal Data as appropriate. We will collect and store Personal Data on your device using application data caches and browser cookies.
You also have an important role to play in protecting the security of your Personal Data, and you should take care about disclosing information, and how you protect your communications and devices. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our Website or applications, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone else.
We will do our best to protect your Personal Data, and we will use technology that will help us to do this, however, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of your information on the Website is entirely at your own risk. Once your information is received by the Website, we and/or our third party service providers shall use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access.
Retention of Your Personal Data
We apply a general rule of keeping Personal Data only for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purpose of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We typically retain certain elements of your Personal Data for a period of time corresponding to a statute of limitation, for example to maintain an accurate record of your dealings with us, such as pursuant to a contract so that we can raise or defend a legal claim. In some circumstances we may retain Personal Data for other periods of time, for instance where we are required or permitted to do so in accordance with legal requirements, or if required to do so by a legal process, legal authority, or other governmental entity having authority to make the request, for so long as required. We may also retain your Personal Data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
In some circumstances, we will anonymize your Personal Data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may retain this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Where required by law we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify your Personal Data when it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected and/or the purposes for which you provided consent.
Subject to certain exceptions and your jurisdiction, you have rights under applicable data protection law in relation to our use of your Personal Data, which may include the right to ―
- review, request access or copies of your Personal Data which is within our custody and control together with details about how we use that information. If you think any of the Personal Data that we hold about you is inaccurate, you may also request us to correct or rectify it;
- in certain circumstances, to require us to stop processing your Personal Data;
- to request that we delete or erase Personal Data in certain circumstances (such as in accordance with local data retention legal obligations);
- withdraw any consent to processing that you have given us and prevent further processing if there is no other legitimate ground upon which we can process your Personal Data;
- restrict processing i.e. you can require certain Personal Data to be marked as restricted for processing in certain circumstances;
- object to automated decision-making, including profiling; and
- lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection regulator if you think we are in breach of any applicable data protection legislation.
In relation to all of these rights, please email us at DataPrivacy@fmc.com. Please note that we may, where permitted under applicable law, charge a small administrative fee and/or request proof of identity. We will respond to your requests within all applicable timeframes. In certain circumstances (for example where required or permitted by law), we might not be able to provide you with access to some of your Personal Data, but where appropriate we will notify you of the reasons for this.
We do not direct our Website to minors and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 18 (or as defined by local legal requirements). If we learn we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected or received Personal Data from a child under 18 without appropriate consent, we will delete it. If you believe we mistakenly or unintentionally collected any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at DataPrivacy@fmc.com.
We may use third-party companies to monitor website traffic, which may, in some instances, store your information, including the Personal Data you submit to such third parties. The Company may also from time to time provide links and pointers at this Website to internet sites of third parties ("Third Party Sites"). These links and pointers to Third Party Sites are provided as a convenience only. The Company has not reviewed, and does not operate or control in any respect, any information, products or services available on Third Party Sites, and the Company is not responsible for any information provided at any Third Party Sites. This Privacy Statement does not govern Personal Data provided to, stored on, or used by these Third Party Sites. We recommend that when you enter a Third Party Site, you review its privacy statement as it relates to how such third parties collect, process, store and protect your Personal Data.
The Company makes no representations and provides no warranties whatsoever concerning Third Party Sites, and the fact that this Website contains a link to any Third Party Site does not constitute an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship or affiliation by the Company with respect to such Third Party Site or its owners or providers or any products or services mentioned or offered at the Third Party Site. The Company expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, the accuracy of the information and/or quality of products or services provided by, advertised on, or sold through, all Third Party Sites.
You warrant that all information (including Personal Data) that you provide to us is accurate, truthful and current information, and not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything. Failure to adhere to this requirement will entitle us to, among other things, terminate your use of the Website. You acknowledge that we may verify your identity and your Personal Data through an automated email verification process and/or with third party service providers.
We reserve the right to modify or amend this Privacy Statement at any time without notice.
FMC Chemicals Proprietary Limited maintains an office at 1 Pegasus Building, 210 Amarand Avenue, Pretoria, Gauteng, 0181, South Africa.
FMC is headquartered at 2929 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19104, United States. Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to us at our headquarters (Attn: Data Privacy Office) or contact us at DataPrivacy@fmc.com.