FMC Chemicals Proprietary Limited (“FMC”, “Company”, “us” or “we”) is responsible for operating this website and is committed to respecting data privacy and committed to protecting it through our compliance with the practices described in this notice (the “Notice”). This Notice describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing the personal data we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit [URL of website] or other of our websites, apps or forms that link or refer to this Notice (our website“https://ag.fmc.com/za/en/”). “Personal Data” is information or an opinion relating to an individual who is identified or may be identified or information that can be combined with other information to identify a natural person’s information. This Notice applies to the Personal Data collected through our Website and offline, regardless of the country where you are located.
This Notice may change from time to time.
You can click through to the specific areas of this Notice set out below.
Purpose of this privacy notice
This Privacy Notice aims to give you information on how FMC collects, uses, discloses and otherwise processes your Personal Data through your use of the Website, including any Personal Data you may provide through this Website when you communicate with us through our Contact Us page.
data we may collect about you
With your consent (where required by applicable law), we may collect and use different types of data from and about you, including Personal Data and non-personal details. This data includes your:
- Identity Data: includes your first name and last name;
- Contact Data: includes your email address and telephone number(s);
- Technical and Device Data: includes the type of device you use to connect to the Website, your IP address, a unique device identifier (for example, a mobile phone number used by a mobile device), network information, operating system and platform, browser type and version, your time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, and other technology on the devices you use to access this Website;
- Inquiry Data: includes details of queries or support requests submitted through the Website, including any personal data you may choose to include in such communications;
- Website Interaction Data: including your clickstream to, through, and from our Website (including date and time), the full URL(s), pages you view, keywords you searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page; and
- Communications Data: includes your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated data could be derived from your Personal Data but is not considered Personal Data insofar as this data will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Website Interaction Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Website feature, or to determine the percentage of users who access our Website from a particular country or region. However, if we combine or connect aggregated data with your Personal Data so that may relate to you, we treat the combined data as Personal Data which will be used in accordance with this Notice.
We do not collect any sensitive Personal Data about you (this is as defined by applicable data protection laws and may include details about your race or ethnicity, religious, moral, or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health (including mental), and genetic and biometric data; financial information such as account numbers) through the Website. Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions or offences.
if you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect Personal Data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
how we collect data about you
With your consent (where required by applicable law), we collect data about you in the following ways:
Direct Interactions with You
You may give us information (including Personal Data) about you by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you submit a query or support request to us through the Website or other method, or report a problem with the Website.
Automated Technologies or Interactions
Information We Receive from Other Sources (e.g., Third Parties)
We may receive information about you from third parties including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical services, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers, such as Google. These third parties include internal and external third parties, who may be located in or outside your country or region (see Disclosures of Your Personal Data).
Cookies, pixels, and automatic data collection technologies
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns (including determining the extent of repeat usage and usage by a registered user versus by an unregistered user);
- Develop content based on user interests and behavior;
- Measure traffic patterns, including which areas of our Website users visit, and visiting patterns in the aggregate;
- Understand how our users’ habits are similar or different from one another; and
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
We use this research so that we can make each new experience on our Website a better one. You may also unsubscribe by following the links within any electronic marketing materials we, third-party ad companies and ad networks send to you
Our Website pages and e-mails may contain web beacons (small transparent embedded images or objects, also known as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count website page visitors or email readers, or to compile other similar statistics such as recording Website content popularity or verifying system and server integrity.
We do not control how these third-party tracking technologies operate or how they may use the collected data. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the provider directly.
Do Not Track
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions above.
how and for which purposes we use your personal data
We will only use your Personal Data when the law allows us to do so, and we do so with your consent where required by applicable law. For example, we may use your Personal Data to provide you with products, offer you services, communicate with you, and/or to conduct other business operations, such as using data to improve and personalize your experiences, or for any other purpose for which you have provided consent (where required by applicable law). Otherwise, we will use your Personal Data in the following circumstances:
- To perform a contract with you or take steps to enter into a contract with you, including:
- registering you as a new customer;
- providing you with the information, products, services and support that you request;
- fulfilling the purposes for which you provided the data or that were described when it was collected; and
- providing after-sales support and customer service.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests, including:
- ensuring that we present our Website content in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- administering our Website and applications, and conducting internal operations, (including for troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes);
- improving our Website, product or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences;
- offering interactive, social media, or other similar features that may be provided through our Website;
- securing and protecting our Website, employees and/or operations (including troubleshooting, system maintenance, support, reporting and hostage of data);
- measuring or understanding the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant content and/or advertising to you;
- except where required by EEA, UK or Brazil laws, notifying you about changes to our Website, terms of our Notice, products or services, and keeping accounting records and evidence of on-line sales.
When we process your Personal Data based on our legitimate interests, those interests are to use your data to conduct and develop our business activities with you and others, and to improve our products and services in order to operate our business efficiently and profitably while limiting Personal Data use to the purposes that support the conduct and development of our business.
- To comply with a legal obligation (where applicable under EEA, UK, Brazil or other applicable laws):
- notifying you about changes to our Website, terms of our Notice, products or services; and
- keeping accounting records and evidence of on-line sales.
- Where you provide your consent (where applicable under EEA, UK, Brazil or other applicable laws)
- Sending you marketing messages by mail or email.
- Where necessary to exercise our rights in any judicial, administrative or arbitration procedure
We may use non-personal data (such as aggregated data) for any business purpose.
Change of Purpose
We will only use your Personal Data as described in this Notice, for the purposes for which we collected it, for purposes for which you provided your consent, or where we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible and directly related with the original purpose. If you wish to receive an explanation as to how the processing for a new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so and, where required by applicable law, we will seek your prior consent.
Please note that we may process your Personal Data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
sharing your personal data
To the extent permitted by applicable law (and with your consent where required by applicable law), we may share your information with the parties set out below for purposes identified in this Notice.
- Within FMC. We may share your Personal Data with internal third parties (FMC affiliates and subsidiaries) for the purposes set forth in this Notice. FMC has affiliates and subsidiaries based all over the world.
- Our Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with internal and external companies or organizations, including subsidiaries, affiliates, and non-FMC entities that perform services on our behalf, such as technology support service providers, data analytics providers, and marketing service providers. In each case, such third parties are required to use adequate privacy and security protections and may use the information only for the purpose of providing services to FMC. We may also share your Personal Data with external companies or organizations who partner with us to deliver products or services to you.
We require third parties to which we disclose your data to respect the security of your Personal Data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your Personal Data in a manner that is not permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction(s). This means that we do not allow our third-party service providers to use your Personal Data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your Personal Data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- Business Transactions and Transfers. FMC may buy, sell, form, or otherwise reorganize one or more of its businesses or sell stock or assets, for example, as the result of a sale, merger, reorganization or liquidation. A transaction of this type may involve the disclosure of your information to prospective purchasers or partners who have signed a confidentiality agreement with FMC, as well as accountants, bankers, lawyers and other advisers. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your Personal Data in the same way as set out in this Notice.
- Other Disclosures. We may also share your Personal Data as needed to fulfil the purpose for which you provide it, or for any other purpose that we disclose in writing when you provide the data, or otherwise with your consent.
We may share non-personal data without restriction
international data transfers
FMC is a global organization with its corporate headquarters in the United States. As part of the services offered to you through our Website and applications, and during our ordinary business operations, the information which you provide to us (including Personal Data) may be transferred to countries outside your home country. Our servers, databases, and service providers may be located in the United States or in other locations outside of your home country. Different countries have different privacy laws and requirements, and some may not be considered to provide adequate protection to Personal Data originating from your home country.
We comply with laws governing the international transfer of Personal Data, typically through the execution of legally required data protection agreements incorporating, where applicable, standard contractual clauses, binding corporate rules or other instructions or measures that may be specified, updated, amended, replaced or superseded from time to time by the applicable regulatory authority.
In light of the above, your Personal Data may be accessible to law enforcement and/or regulatory authorities in accordance with the applicable laws in the relevant jurisdictions.
By submitting your Personal Data or engaging with our Website, to the extent permitted by applicable law, you consent to the transfer, storing or processing of your Personal Data as described in this Notice.
data and security retention
Security of Your Personal Data
We take what we determine to be reasonable physical, technical and administrative security standards designed to protect the confidentiality, integrity and security of your Personal Data. We store information we receive about you in computer systems and databases operated either by us or our external service providers. We take steps to limit access controls and add encryption and anti-malware protections to your Personal Data as appropriate. We will collect and store Personal Data on your device using application data caches and browser cookies.
You also have an important role to play in protecting the security of your Personal Data, and you should take care about disclosing information, and how you protect your communications and devices. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our Website or applications, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone else.
Retention of Your Personal Data
We apply a general rule of keeping Personal Data only for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purpose of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We typically retain certain elements of your Personal Data for a period of time corresponding to a statute of limitation, for example to maintain an accurate record of your dealings with us, such as pursuant to a contract so that we can raise or defend a legal claim. In some circumstances we may retain Personal Data for other periods of time, for instance where we are required or permitted to do so in accordance with legal requirements, or if required to do so by a legal process, legal authority, or other governmental entity having authority to make the request, for so long as required. We may also retain your Personal Data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
In some circumstances, we will anonymize your Personal Data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may retain this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Where required by law we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify your Personal Data when it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected and/or the purposes for which you provided consent.
children's online privacy
We do not direct our Website to minors and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 18 (or as defined by local legal requirements). If we learn we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected or received Personal Data from a child under 18 without appropriate consent, we will delete it. If you believe we mistakenly or unintentionally collected any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at [email protected].
Links to other websites
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from websites, plug-ins, services, and/or applications of third parties, including our partners and affiliates. Please note that clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow the third party to collect or share data about you. These websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy notices and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for such notices or for any content or Personal Data that may be collected through the websites or services, or any privacy practices of such websites. We encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
changes to this notice
We review our policies periodically and this Notice may change from time to time. If it does, those changes will be posted on this page and, if it is appropriate, you may be notified (either directly by email or SMS, or indirectly when you next visit the Website), and we will obtain consent to material changes where required to do so by applicable law. The new Notice may be displayed on-screen and you may be required to read and accept the changes to continue your use of the Website. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Notice.
It is important that the Personal Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Personal Data changes during our relationship with you.
FMC Chemicals Proprietary Limited maintains an office at 1 Pegasus Building, 210 Amarand Avenue, Pretoria, Gauteng, 0181, South Africa.
FMC is headquartered at 2929 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19104, United States. Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to us at our headquarters (Attn: Data Privacy Office) or contact us at [email protected].