As wheat harvest quickly approaches, reviewing harvest safety tips is never a bad idea. These tips are related to roadway travel safety, grain handling safety and family safety during harvest.
- Keep your family in the loop.
- Keep tabs on young children.
- Run through equipment manuals.
- Create an emergency plan.
- Provide proper equipment training to workers.
- Rest if you feel tired.
- Learn grain handling safety.
- Avoid machine entanglement dangers.
- Dress appropriately for harvest.
Originally published in the June 2022 National Association of Wheat Growers E-Newsletter. To learn more visit their website.