At FMC Corporation, we are committed to respecting data privacy. This online Privacy Notice (“Notice”) explains how FMC Corporation or its affiliate that displays this Notice (collectively, FMC Corporation and its affiliates are referred to in this Notice as “FMC”) protect the privacy of persons who visit this website and the websites of FMC affiliates that display this Notice (collectively, the “Sites”), or provide us information through FMC social media pages.
About GDPR and FMC’s GPDR Privacy Notice (“EU Privacy Notice”): Our EU Privacy Notice, available here, contains information about how we process personal data that is subject to the European Union (“EU”) General Data Protection Regulation and associated European Union/European Economic Area (“EEA”) national laws (together, the “GDPR”). FMC’s EU Privacy Notice applies to our processing of personal data that is subject to the GDPR.
This Notice includes the following:
What Information We Collect »
How Information is Used and Shared »
Use of Special Features of Areas of Our Sites »
Children’s Privacy »
Links to Other Websites »
Your Choices and Rights »
Your California Privacy Rights »
Changes to this Notice »
Contact FMC »
This Notice describes what types of information we gather and track about website visitors; and visitors who submit information to us through FMC social media pages. We use this information principally to conduct our business and provide information about our products. We share this information within the FMC group worldwide, and with third parties that supply services to us or with whom we do business. Please see Your Choices and Rights section for more information about your opt out options. If you have any questions about this Notice, contact [email protected].
What Information We Collect
FMC collects information such as your name, postal address, company, title, e-mail address and phone number to identify or contact you directly. We collect the information you knowingly provide by soliciting business from us online, performing or entering into a contract with us online, completing an online form, registering for information or services, applying for a job, or otherwise sending to us. We typically collect this information directly when you complete registration forms or when you provide other information through our Sites, on our social network pages, or via e-mail.
We also collect information indirectly when we receive it from our business partners, such as information about current and prospective vendors, suppliers, and customers. We may need to obtain your information from our business partners to help address a question you’ve asked via our Sites, or to provide after sale services. Also, we may combine information we have collected directly from you with information we obtain from business partners or other companies and use it for the reasons described in this Notice.
FMC also collects information from visitors to this website, our social network pages, and from subscribers to our e-mail newsletters. For these purposes we collect (depending on whether you are using the Sites, a social network or an app) your IP host address, pages viewed, browser or e-mail client type, Internet browsing and usage habits, Internet Service Provider, domain name, the time/date of your visit to the Sites, the referring URL and your computer’s operating system. This information is generally used to help us administer the Sites and other services we offer on social networks, to improve our product offerings, and in other ways set forth in this Notice.
If you enter into a transaction with us (such as a purchase (or in anticipation of an employment contract or services agreement), through our Sites, you will be required to provide information that is needed to complete the transaction, including your name, shipping address, product selection(s), and your payment information. Failure to provide any information may result in our inability to provide requested services or products or consider your application for employment.
Information Sent to Us by Your Web Browser
FMC passively collects information that is automatically sent to us by your web browser in order to customize your Sites experience for your device and reflect your preferences. This information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the identity of your internet service provider, the name and version of your operating system and browser, the date and time of your visit, the page that linked you to FMC, and the pages you visit.
Cookie Generated Information
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies).
We require statistical information about the usage of our Sites to design them to be user-friendlier and improve our services. For this purpose, we use the web analysis tools described in this section below. The usage profiles created by these tools using cookies or by evaluating so-called server log files (see above) are not combined with personal information; in particular, the tools either do not collect IP addresses or anonymize these upon collection.
You will find information on each tool's provider and how you are able to object to the collection and processing of data by the tool. Please note that tools may use so-called opt out cookies in order to remember your objection. This opt out function relates to a device or browser and is thus valid for the terminal device or browser used at this time. In case you use several devices or browsers you must opt out on every device and in every browser used.
Additionally, you can generally avoid the creation of usage profiles by generally deactivating cookie usage.
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics is provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, California, 94043 USA (“Google”). You may object to the collection or processing of your data via http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
Social Media Plugins
The Sites may use social media plugins (“Plugins”) by the following provider:
- AddThis Services; AddThis is operated under www.addthis.com by Oracle America, Inc., 500 Oracle Parkway, Redwood Shores, CA 94065, USA (“AddThis”). Find an overview of AddThis’s plugins and their appearance here: http://www.addthis.com/social-buttons; find information on data protection at AddThis here: http://www.addthis.com/privacy
To increase the protection of your data when visiting our Sites plugins are embedded in a manner which ensures that a connection to the servers of the respective plugin provider will only be established if you click on the plugin.
Your internet browser establishes a direct connection to the respective plugin provider’s servers only when you activate the plugins. This way, the plugin provider receives information that your internet browser has accessed the respective site of our Sites, even when you do not maintain a user account with the provider or are not logged in. Log files (including the IP address) are transmitted directly from your internet browser to a server of the respective plugin provider and may be stored there.
We have no influence on the scope of data gathered and stored by the plugin provider through the plugin. If you do not wish for the plugin providers to receive, save, and use data gathered through these Sites, you should not use the respective plugins. You can also block the plugins from being loaded with browser add-ons (so-called script blockers).
Find out more about the purpose and scope of the data collection as well as about processing and use of your data by plugin providers and about your rights and possibilities to change settings to protect your data in the privacy statements of the respective providers.
How Information is Used and Shared
We use your information as set forth below.
- Providing Our Services. To perform a contract with you or take steps to enter into a contract at your request; to provide you with documentation or communications which you have requested; to fulfil an order for products or services; to provide after-sales support and customer service; to process and complete certain transactions involving the Sites, and more generally transactions involving FMC's products and services; to provide product information you have requested; and to administer our customer loyalty program.
- Improving Our Services. To evaluate transactions involving the Sites or our products and services; to operate, evaluate, maintain, improve and develop the Sites and our social media pages (including by monitoring and analyzing trends, access to, and use of the Sites and pages for advertising and marketing); to assess your user experience in order to evaluate, improve and develop our products and services generally; to administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or customer satisfaction purposes; and to assess your use of the Sites in order to better meet the needs of all users.
- Marketing and Communications. To send you promotional materials about our products and services; to engage you about events, promotions, the Sites and FMC's products and services; to send you marketing communications; to provide you with other information we think may interest you, including information about third party products and services; to correspond with users to resolve their queries or complaints; and for other informational, marketing, or promotional purposes. Please see the Your Choices and Rights section for more information about how to change your communications preferences. We may also send you notifications by text message if you have opted in to receive them.
- Research and Analytics. To better understand how our Sites and services are used and accessed, and for other research and analytical purposes, such as to evaluate and improve our services and business operations and to develop additional products, services and features.
- Compliance with Laws and Protection of Our Rights and the Rights of Others. To comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including as part of a judicial proceeding; to respond to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process; or as part of an investigation or request, whether formal or informal, from law enforcement or a governmental authority; to protect the security of the Sites and FMC confidential and proprietary information; to protect the safety of FMC employees; to manage, remediate, protect against and investigate fraud, credit risk, risk exposure, claims and other liabilities, including but not limited to violation of our contract terms or laws or regulations.
- General Business Operations. Where necessary for the administration of our general business, accounting, recordkeeping and legal functions. As part of our routine business administration, such as employee training, compliance auditing and similar internal activities.
We may share your information as described below:
- Within FMC. We may share your personal information with FMC affiliates or subsidiaries for the purposes set forth in this Notice; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personal information will be subject to this Notice.
- Our Service Providers. We may share your personal information with companies or organizations, including third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, agents, and non-FMC entities that perform services on our behalf, such as website support service providers, electronic billing providers, shipping companies, and marketing service providers. In each case, such service providers are required to use adequate privacy and security protections and may use the information only for the purpose of providing services to FMC.
- Third Party Partners. We may share information with third party partners, such as distributors of our products, related to your activities and interactions with our Sites and services for marketing purposes. If you don’t want us to share your personal information with our third-party partners, you may opt out as set forth in the Your Choices and Rights section below.
- Business Transactions and Transfers. FMC may buy, sell, form, or otherwise reorganize one or more of its businesses or sell stock or assets, for example, as the result of a sale, merger, reorganization or liquidation. A transaction of this type may involve the disclosure of your information to prospective purchasers or partners who have signed a confidentiality agreement with FMC.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may disclose aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified information about users for marketing, advertising, research, compliance, or other purposes.
If you are a current or prospective customer of an FMC entity, that entity will use your information to send you product or promotional advertising unless you have opted out of receiving product or promotional advertising, and specifically:
- To send you marketing communications containing news, information and updates about our products and services, offers, promotions and special events, and other marketing communications that may be of interest to you, including information about third party products and services; (by SMS, email or telephone);
- To carry out data analytics, market research and data enrichment, such as by analyzing your product preferences, interests, purchase history and interactions with the Sites together with data collected from third parties, such as data that you agree to share with us on social networks (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, etc.) and/or that we may collect from publicly accessible databases.
Use of Special Features of Areas of Our Site
Some of our Sites include special features, such as surveys, licensed content; or an online store; or password protected areas, such as a customers-only area or a careers area. This Notice may be supplemented or amended from time to time by privacy notices that are specific to and appear on individual FMC websites, including but not limited to our investor and career sites. Generally, these notices provide details about the personal information we collect or do not collect on particular pages or areas of a website, why we need that information, and choices you may have about the use of that information.
When you sign up to use a special feature or password-protected area, you may be asked to agree to special terms governing your use of the special feature or password-protected area. In such cases, you will be asked to expressly consent to the special terms, for example, by checking a box or clicking on a button marked “I agree.” This type of agreement is known as a “click-through” agreement. Such agreements are separate from the content of this Notice or any other privacy notice.
FMC’s products and services are generally designed for those ages 18 and older. FMC does not intentionally or knowingly gather personal information from persons who are under the age of 18. If a child under 18 submits personal information to us and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 18, FMC will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you are a parent or guardian of a child who has provided personal information without your knowledge and consent, you may request we remove this children’s information by emailing [email protected].
We take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the confidentiality, integrity and security of your personal information that we have under our control from unauthorized access, use or disclosure (such as where appropriate, access controls and encryptions). However, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
SSL Protection. Some password-protected areas of our Sites require that a secure connection between your computer and our server be established. We use an encryption technology called Secure Socket Layers (SSL). A secure connection is maintained until you leave the secure area of the Sites. Although we use SSL encryption to safeguard the confidentiality of personal information as it travels over the Internet, and we cannot guarantee the safety of transmitting personal information over the Internet.
Links to Other Websites
Your Choices and Rights
If you receive email or marketing communications, you may "opt-out" of receiving e-mail and other communications from us at any time by using the unsubscribe feature included in the e-mails we send. If you are a customer of FMC products, we may contact you with information regarding health and safety, applicable regulations, or stewardship of our product in order to perform our contractual obligations to you.
- Right to withdraw consent - If you wish to opt-out of receiving electronic marketing communications, you can change your settings by using the 'unsubscribe' link provided in our emails or text the STOP number in our SMS, or otherwise contact us directly as indicated in Contact FMC below and we will stop sending you marketing communications. If you opt out of receiving marketing e-mails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us. If you opt-out of third-party marketing, we may still send you marketing emails about information, products and services (including about third parties’ products and services), unless you have also opted-out of receiving marketing e-mails from us.
Please contact us as indicated in Contact FMC if you wish to exercise any of your rights, or if you have any enquiries or complaints regarding the processing of your personal information.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide us their personal information are entitled to request and obtain from us, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we have shared with third parties for their own direct marketing use; such requests may be made once per calendar year for information about any relevant third party sharing in the prior calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing by emailing us at [email protected] using the subject line "California Privacy Information." In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address. We will reply to valid requests by sending a response to the email address from which you submitted your request. Our response to you will be limited to information on covered sharing and the relevant details required by the Shine the Light law.
Changes to this Notice
FMC is headquartered at 2929 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19104, United States. Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding this Notice to us at our headquarters, or contact us at [email protected].