XYWAY™ BRAND FUNGICIDES’ BENEFITS
FMC is confident in the performance of Xyway™ brand fungicides, a game-changing approach to foliar disease management and season-long benefits growers can see in corn. The introduction of Xyway 3D fungicide and Xyway LFR® fungicide revolutionizes how farmers approach disease management by providing foliar disease protection equivalent to a traditional VT/R1 fungicide application from an at-plant application. The highly systemic and long residual activity of Xyway brand fungicides protects the plant and reduces disease infection levels from the lower canopy to the top of the plant. This systemic, inside-out protection lowers the associated stresses, resulting in stronger roots, healthier stalks and foliar disease protection against some of the greatest yield-limiting diseases that challenge corn from germination through the grain fill period.
Includes field corn – grown for grain or silage, popcorn.
Excludes seed corn and sweet corn.
An application of Xyway 3D fungicide or Xyway LFR fungicide is intended to provide disease protection through vegetative and reproductive growth stages of corn through R3. If Xyway 3D fungicide or Xyway LFR fungicide fail to control diseases specified below when applied in the manner and use rates specified in the program, FMC will provide funds to assist in applying a foliar fungicide to rescue disease infestations. Assessment of control failure should be conducted at VT/R1 stage to allow for time to get a foliar fungicide applied to attempt to reduce disease escapes. FMC will pay up to $10 per acre toward a foliar fungicide for application to be applied to corn at VT/R1 stage or later.
Minimum Application Rate
Retreatment is warranted if at least 50% of the plants have eight or more lesions on the ear leaf or higher in the canopy at the R1 stage growth stage.
Xyway 3D fungicide @ 0.68 fl. oz./1000’ (11.8 fl. oz./A 30-inch row)
Xyway LFR fungicide @ 0.87 fl. oz./1000’ (15.2 fl. oz./A 30-inch row)
Xyway LFR fungicide: 2x2 inch or similar placement, avoiding direct contact with the seed**.
Xyway 3D fungicide: In-furrow.
Up to $10/A for foliar treatment of fungicide at VT/R1 or later stage corn to maintain disease control
** Modifications of 2x2 inch placement may be acceptable for Xyway LFR fungicide at-plant applications. Talk to your local FMC representative for more information or with questions regarding Xyway LFR fungicide applications and placement requirements.
- Apply Xyway LFR fungicide at minimum of 5 gallons per acre (GPA) of carrier (fertilizer or water).
- For Xyway 3D fungicide applications, follow the directions for proper 3RIVE 3D® applications.
- Xyway 3D fungicide must be applied in-furrow, at planting time at rates specified above. Rates below listed recommendations are not covered under this assurance program.
- Xyway LFR is applied near the row in a 2x2, dual placement 2x2, 2x0 surface stream or similar type soil application.
- Only diseases listed on the Xyway 3D fungicide or Xyway LFR fungicide labels are covered with this assurance program. Late planted or corn planted after the local full insurance planting deadline date is not eligible for this program.
- To make a claim under this assurance program, an application of a foliar application of a fungicide must be applied at VT stage or later with documentation the application was made. If no foliar application is made, no claim/payment can be made under this assurance program.
- An authorized FMC representative must be notified of a claim prior to the established deadline and have a reasonable opportunity to inspect the field prior to a foliar fungicide application being made. The authorized FMC representative must confirm the inadequate performance of the Xyway Brand fungicide applied before any claim can be made under this program. Action taken without prior FMC knowledge or opportunity to inspect the fields in question will not be eligible for payment under this program.
Treated vs. Untreated Comparison Requirements
- *An untreated strip/check area representative of the field must be available for comparison to determine the level of performance of the Xyway 3D fungicide or Xyway LFR fungicide application. The treated and untreated check comparisons must be located within the same field. The untreated check area cannot have any foliar fungicides applied during the program period in order to maintain a useful comparison. All other agronomic factors must be the same in both the untreated check and treated areas, including but not limited to fertility programs, irrigation, soil type and corn hybrid.
Program Period: January 1, 2022 to September 15, 2022
Program Geography: U.S. states where Xyway 3D fungicide or Xyway LFR fungicide is registered.
Program Claim Deadline: September 15, 2022
Program Payment Date: Approximately 30 days after claim approval.
PROGRAM RULES & CONDITIONS
- FMC reserves the right to change any or all features of this program at any time.
- Assurance benefit is for product costs only. Application and other related costs are excluded from assurance payments.
- An authorized FMC representative must be notified of a claim prior to the established deadline and have a reasonable opportunity to inspect prior to any additional product applications. The authorized FMC representative must confirm inadequate product performance.
- Proof of purchase is required. Only FMC-branded products purchased from FMC authorized distributors or retailers for resale to growers and reported by approved reporting methods are eligible for payment under this program.
- FMC reserves the right to audit all claims. Misreported sales of any type are a clear violation of this program and will be subject to audit and possible forfeiture of any and all program benefits.
- FMC is in no way liable or responsible for any grower failure to pay the retailer.
Always read and follow all label directions, precautions and restrictions for use. Some products may not be registered for sale or use in all states. Xyway 3D and Xyway LFR fungicides may not be registered for sale or use in all states. Contact your local FMC retailer or representative for details and availability in your state. FMC, the FMC logo, 3RIVE 3D, LFR and Xyway are trademarks of FMC Corporation or an affiliate. ©2021 FMC Corporation. All rights reserved. Version 1. 2021-FFP-ASSURE-XYWAY AT-PLANT CORN-FUNGICIDE DISEASE ASSURANCE 09/21