Extreme weather events are beyond a farmer’s control, and FMC is committed to supporting growers’ investment in crop and yield protection. The 2021-2022 Heritage SU Cereal Herbicide Assurance Program is designed to help growers mitigate crop loss risks associated with drought, flood, hail, frost/freeze or fire. Should this occur and a grower’s field is uneconomical to harvest, growers will receive credit where qualifying products were purchased in the amount of the invoiced value on lost acres.
|Assurance Benefit||Minimum Application Rate||Program Payment Timing|
|When crop loss occurs due to drought, flood, hail, frost/freeze or fire, FMC will provide credit of the amount spent on the FMC product for the amount purchased and used on the affected field.||Apply at labeled rates||90 days after claim submission|
If qualifying package branded products or same active ingredient PrecisionPac custom blends are used at specified rates and it is determined that an insured field or insured farm unit is uneconomical to harvest from crop loss due to drought, flood, hail, frost/freeze or fire, FMC will return up to the cost of qualifying products on acres that are uneconomical to harvest ($40/A or less). An FMC representative will determine if there is significant crop loss and may, at their sole discretion, require certification of crop loss through site inspection and/or request crop insurance records.
Assurance payment requests must be submitted to FMC prior to harvest through an FMC authorized retailer where the qualifying products were purchased. Fields in question must be inspected prior to harvest, and proof of purchase of qualifying products through invoices will be required.
- Products must be applied according to label use directions.
- Grower must provide proof of purchase. Purchase must be made through an FMC authorized retailer.
- Grower to provide crop insurance documentation supporting the field being uneconomical to harvest.
Program Period: September 1, 2021 – September 1, 2022
Program Geography: U.S.
Claim Submission Deadline: September 1, 2022
Assurance Payment Date: 90 days post-claim resolution
PROGRAM RULES AND CONDITIONS
- To qualify, growers must submit claims to their local retailer and help in providing copies of qualifying FMC brand product invoice(s) and crop insurance proof-of-loss papers to their FMC representative.
- The definition of “uneconomical to harvest” for this program is anything below $40/A using yield x price.
- Assurance benefit is for product costs only. Application and other related costs are excluded from assurance payments.
- An authorized FMC representative must be notified of a claim prior to the established deadline and have a reasonable opportunity to inspect. The authorized FMC representative must confirm issue associated with product assurance claim.
- Proof of purchase is required. Only FMC-branded products purchased from FMC authorized distributors or retailers and reported by approved electronic reporting are eligible for payment under this program.
- Only product purchased for resale to growers is eligible for payment under the terms of this program.
- FMC reserves the right to audit all claims. Misreported sales of any type are a clear violation of this program and will be subject to audit and possible forfeiture of any and all program benefits.
- FMC reserves the right to change any or all features of this program at any time.
- FMC is in no way liable or responsible for any grower failure to pay the retailer.
Always read and follow label directions, precautions and restrictions for use. Some products may not be registered for sale or use in all states. FMC, the FMC logo, Affinity, Ally, Express, Finesse, Harmony, Panoflex, PrecisionPac and TotalSol are trademarks of FMC Corporation or an affiliate. ©2021 FMC Corporation. All rights reserved. 2021-2022-FFP-ASSURE-WHEAT- HERITAGE SU 09/21