Dealing with problematic weeds year-round is a challenge many growers face. Managing herbicide-resistant winter annual grasses, like Italian ryegrass and annual bluegrass, is difficult in areas where fields are left fallow over the winter months. Anthem® Flex herbicide applied during the fall can provide excellent residual control of Italian ryegrass, annual bluegrass and other problem grasses and broadleaf weeds. FMC is confident that Anthem Flex herbicide can provide strong residual performance during these fallow months to keep weeds suppressed as part of an overall weed management program.
When using a burndown application following the FMC recommendation below at the minimum specified rates, growers are eligible for an assurance payment toward the purchase of retreatment materials if they do not maintain 80% control of Italian ryegrass or annual bluegrass versus an untreated check.
|FMC Burndown & Residual Recommendation
Fall Control of Italian Ryegrass & Annual Bluegrass
|Assurance Benefit||Program Payment Timing|
|Anthem Flex herbicide 3.5 – 7.28 fl. oz./A
+ glyphosate 22-32 fl. oz./A or effective alternatives + 2,4-D 24 fl. oz./A
OR dicamba 16 fl. oz./A
For control of glyphosate-resistant Italian ryegrass or annual bluegrass Anthem Flex herbicide 4.0 – 4.5 fl. oz./A
+ paraquat 3 lbs. 32 fl. oz./A
|80% control of labeled* weeds through March 1, 2022||$7.00/A toward the respray materials purchase|
Check with individual product labels for specific rotational crop planting restrictions. Plant-back options vary depending on the product, use rate and geographical area of use.
The addition of atrazine (1 lb. ai/A) or metribuzin (0.25 lb. ai/A) can improve residual activity and overall control and should be considered where it can fit in a specific crop rotation. Please follow all label instructions for partner herbicides.
- Apply in the fall to actively growing weeds free from stress from drought, freeze damage, etc.
- Include a surfactant – NIS, COC, or MSO – to all treatments for maximum activity.
- Best results if applied after soil temps reach 55 F and falling for optimum residual performance.
- At least 0.5 inches of rainfall and/or irrigation occurs within 10 days after application.
- Do not apply to frozen or snow-covered soils.
- Check with product labels before use for weeds controlled, geographic, pH, soil texture and rotational crop restrictions.
- In order for an accurate comparison of control, a representative check strip in each field is needed for comparison of control levels to determine performance.
- Products must be applied according to label use directions.
Program Period: October 1, 2021 – March 1, 2022
Program Geography: AL, AR, DE, FL, GA, KY, LA, NC, MD, MO (Bootheel), MS, SC, TN, TX, VA
Assurance Claim Deadline: Prior to April 30, 2022
Program Payment Date: 30 days post claim resolution
PROGRAM RULES & CONDITIONS
- Assurance benefit is for product costs only. Application and other related costs are excluded from assurance payments.
- An authorized FMC representative must be notified of a claim prior to the established deadline and have a reasonable opportunity to inspect prior to any additional product applications. The authorized FMC representative must confirm inadequate product performance.
- Proof of purchase is required. Only FMC-branded products purchased from FMC authorized distributors or retailers and reported by electronic reporting methods are eligible for payment under this program.
- Only product purchased for resale to growers is eligible for payment under the terms of this program.
- FMC reserves the right to audit all claims. Misreported sales of any type are a clear violation of this program and will be subject to audit and possible forfeiture of any and all program benefits.
- FMC is in no way liable or responsible for any grower failure to pay the retailer.
- FMC reserves the right to change any or all features of this program at any time.
*Weeds with known resistance are excluded.
Atrazine and Paraquat are Restricted Use Pesticides. Always read and follow all label directions, precautions and restrictions for use. Some products may not be registered for sale or use in all states. FMC, the FMC logo and Anthem are trademarks of FMC Corporation or an affiliate. ©2021 FMC Corporation. All rights reserved. 2021-FFP-ASSURE- BURNDOWN-FALL 09/21