Date: Mar 9, 2023
FMC Corporation is a leading specialty company focused on agricultural technologies. FMC provides innovative and cost-effective solutions to enhance crop yield and quality by controlling a broad spectrum of insects, weeds, and disease, as well as in non-agricultural markets for pest control.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive, and fulfilling career with FMC.
With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility, and customer intimacy, we foster “The Right Chemistry” in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
The Demand Planner role is responsible for the forecasting and collaborative demand planning process supporting FMC’s North American regional business for the planning time horizon of 36 months. This position assembles and assesses key inputs (sales history and trends, open orders, sales and marketing estimates, previous forecasts, new product launches) and performs data-driven analysis to develop an accurate operational demand plan that ensures high service levels and efficient inventory management. As Demand Planner, you will work within the Revenue Operations Team and will be responsible for the coordination of synchronized forecasting activities in support of business goals. The Demand Planner position will support the implementation of demand planning strategies, specifically to address forecast accuracy improvements, and will work cross-functionally on tasks such as, but not limited to new product introductions, product life cycle management and commercial team projects.
- Executing demand forecast process including gathering inputs, consolidating information, and coordinating and maintaining data in IBP by partnering with the Sales, Marketing and Finance teams to develop a consensus demand plan
- Assembling and assessing commercial forecasts based on market and competitive information, sales history, customer trends and product promotions to deliver improved forecast accuracy
- Reviewing forecasts and key performance indicators, conducting trend analysis, identifying opportunities and risks, and recommending appropriate revisions for continuous improvement
- Documenting and challenging forecast assumptions and providing regular report outs on forecast attainment and forward-looking plans in weekly S&OE, monthly S&OP, and annual budgeting processes
- Lead the Monthly Demand Review meeting as part of the S&OP process, resulting in a demand plan for supply chain production and inventory planning
- Developing and completing the demand planning data requirements within FMC’s required timelines on a monthly basis
- Managing metrics for the Demand Planning group, analyzing forecast accuracy and forecast bias and offering feedback for improvement in future months and business cycles
- Serving as a liaison between Supply Chain and Commercial by highlighting potential disconnects in plan and business impacts in a time-sensitive manner, involving developing a detailed understanding of the products, their seasonality, and their components to demonstrate a mastery of the business
- Escalating potential demand changes and resolving with the Supply Chain team.
- Bachelor’s degree: supply chain, business, engineering, or related field
- APICS or IBF certification preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in demand planning
- 2-5 years’ experience in commercial customer-facing role desired
- Experience in chemicals business or regulated industry preferred
- Skilled in IBP or other related statistical forecasting package as well as SAP
- Excellent communication, analytical, quantitative and prioritization skills
- Adept at leveraging relationships across several business functions
- Results driven, self-starter comfortable working in a dynamic professional environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including ability to use raw data to build and automate reports on an as-needed basis
- Effective cross-functional collaborator with the ability to interact effectively, translate opportunities and threats into useful demand / supply information
- Demonstrated ability to think critically about issues, form objective opinions and make influenced recommendations
Location: Philadelphia, PA or Calgary, AB
At FMC, diversity and inclusion are in our DNA. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to creating an inclusive workplace where all employees can thrive – regardless of race, gender, sex, pregnancy, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, color, age, religion or religious creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. FMC also supports employee participation in company employee resource groups that celebrate the diverse backgrounds of our workforce by providing communities for employees to connect with each other and raise awareness throughout FMC.
FMC complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition department at firstname.lastname@example.org.