Account Manager, West Central SK
Date: Apr 6, 2023
FMC Corporation is a global agricultural sciences company dedicated to helping growers produce food, feed, fiber and fuel for an expanding world population while adapting to a changing environment. FMC's innovative crop protection solutions – including biologicals, crop nutrition, digital and precision agriculture – enable growers, crop advisers and turf and pest management professionals to address their toughest challenges economically while protecting the environment. With approximately 6,400 employees at more than 100 sites worldwide, FMC is committed to discovering new herbicide, insecticide and fungicide active ingredients, product formulations and pioneering technologies that are consistently better for the planet.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster “The Right Chemistry” in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you. Visit FMC to learn more and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
FMC Corporation is a leading specialty company focused on agricultural technologies. FMC provides innovative and cost-effective solutions to enhance crop yield and quality by controlling a broad spectrum of insects, weeds and disease, as well as in non-agricultural markets for pest control.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC.
With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster “The Right Chemistry” in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
The successful candidate will be responsible to manage the assigned Canadian strategic account relationships, working with area management to set the account strategies, and to execute the day-to-day operations as a member of the Canadian sales team. This position is located in the west central area region of Saskatchewan in western Canada.
- Understand and support our corporate values and brand strategy
- Maintain safety as a top priority
- Develop and implement a robust territory sales plan to align with territory level goals
- Segment and plan customer interactions to focus on the greatest opportunities
- Work with retail customers to develop and refine account plans to align with territory goals
- Provide timely communication to the commercial leadership team on market trends and customer feedback to help shape response and future strategy
- Establish and grow retail level relationships at multiple levels with the customer, from sales agronomist to Location manager
- Prepare, practice, and deliver effective presentations for both virtual and face to face interactions
- Practice proper sales techniques implementing the Counselor Sales approach, including pre-call planning, openings, execution and follow up.
- Develop and maintain accurate retail level forecasting throughout the year to identify opportunities and gaps relative to the territory goal.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities with emphasis on return on investment
- Manage interface between customer and FMC organization
- Monitor competitor activity, ensuring appropriate response strategies are formulated and communicated
- Participates and implements sales strategies for regional contacts of distributor accounts in the territory
- Ensure sales objectives are met, forecasted & aligned with Financial Objectives for assigned territory
- Manage Expenses to achieve the highest level of ROI and attain the territory on the ground target
- Focus on employee development to increase overall skill sets
- Bachelor of Science or Business, preferably in the agricultural field
- 2-5 years of experience in Western Canadian agriculture
- Experience in successful customer relationship management
- Strong business acumen and leadership skills
- Must be detail oriented, results focused and a self-starter with strong follow up skills
- Strong presentations, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated performance in delivering sales results
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving and providing solutions for customers
- Strong financial background an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills
- CCA, P.Ag or similar designation an asset
- Majority of travel within the territory with the expectation of 20-25% nights away including Canadian Team meetings.